Genetic Counseling

Everyone, without exception, needs to prevent cancer, purely on a mathematical basis. Did you know that 88% to 90% of the population may develop the disease due to unhealthy lifestyle habits, and the remaining 10% to 12% due to hereditary genetic predisposition? Hence the importance of going beyond routine exams and also considering oncological monitoring in case of suspicion of hereditary cancer. If you have cases of cancer in your family, genetic counseling is for you! Through this consultation, depending on the patient’s history and profile, as well as a set of other characteristics, genetic tests may be indicated. If an increased risk for tumor formation is proven, additional preventive measures can be implemented based on the assessment of possibilities.